custom sql query

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 25 17:51:41 CET 2009

Sandra H. wrote:
> We have a database that contains usernames and password that we want to
> auth from using a web app we have.
> I have tried all kinds of config's in the sql.conf file and still get fails
>
> I have turned on sqltrace and here is the error we currently get, its
> not much...

  Is there any reason why you're not running the server in debugging
mode, as suggested in the FAQ, README, INSTALL, "man" page, and daily on
this list?

> Right now to retrieve username and password...(sql script) we use this
> from sql query   select Username, Password from Contact where
> length(Username) > 0;
>
> How do I slap that into sql.conf to make it work for simply just
> username/password auth?

  The default configuration files come with comments explaining what the
queries are, and how they are used.  Do you have a specific question
about the documentation you've read?