Problem with SQL and LDAP

Sebastian Heil s3b0 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 25 19:08:45 CET 2009

> Sebastian Heil wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > It seems, as if we have the same issue as described here:
> >

> http://www.mail-archive.com/freeradius-users@lists.freeradius.org/msg51505.html
> >
> > Is there already a patch/solution available to use the Ldap-Group as
> attribute?
>
>   No.
>
>   As always, patches are welcome.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Hmm, ok.

Maybe there is another solution. Let me describe, what we plan to do:

We tested with version 2.1.3. We want to authenticate the users against our ldap-directory (this is working), then get the groups, which the users are members of, back to the radius, and then get some reply-attributes out of the sql-database depending on the ldap-groups (radgroupreply would be the correct table, i hope). If we use instead of the sql-database the users-file, the configuration is working. But not with the sql-database.

Would be possible to do it like this at all?

Thanks