Get fail [MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect] while proxy the mschapv2between two Freeradius 2.1.4

Jacky Chan jackyc at wkg1.umac.mo
Thu Mar 26 09:30:51 CET 2009

A.L.M.Buxey wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> But username isn't. You can't strip the username.
>
> yep. add 'nostrip' to the proxy section for that realm
> on the proxy server
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Thanks for your reply, it works after changed the user ID with "@domain" at
users file of home radius server and changed the proxy.conf in proxy server
to 'nostrip" at the user name.

But actually, all user ID in my home radius server doesn't have "@domain" at
the end, so how can I proxy the request user ID with "@domain" to my home
radius and pass the authentication with no "@domain" user ID, and is it
possible? Since I found some parties can let user with no prefix user ID to
login internal radius and using prefix user ID to login home radius by other
proxy servers with mschapv2.