EAP/TLS -- FreeRadius -- 802.1x

phil lemelin phil.lemelin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:23:16 CET 2009

> > 1- What do I set the "attribute" field to in the radcheck table to use
> > MD5 passwords ?
>
> Crypt-Password

In which scenario should MD5-Password be used ?

> 3- Is there a good reference to setup the mysql database to use
> > authentication ? Frankly, the ammount of questions and conflicting
> > information found on google is not helping.
>
>   The comments and documentation that ship with the server are fine.
> The main issue is there is no example of inserting a sample row
> containing a password.

And would someone have such an example ready to share ?

I'm getting

[pap] login attempt with password "unpassword"
[pap] Using CRYPT Encryption.
[pap] Passwords don't match

So I suspect I did something wrong in my password insertion. I did triple
check the password from the supplicant and from the database.

Thank you for you help.

--
Philippe-Alexandre Lemelin