rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error

phil lemelin phil.lemelin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:34:45 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:30 PM, <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

> >radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupcheck.id,radgroupcheck.GroupName,radgroupcheckAttribute,radgroupcheck.Value,radgroupcheck.op
>  FROM radgroupcheck,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '0021709d3d47' AND
> usergroup.GroupName = radgroupcheck.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupcheck.id'
> >rlm_sql_mysql: MYSQL check_error: 1146 received
> >rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
> >radius_xlat:  'SELECT id, UserName, Attribute, Value, op           FROM
> radreply           WHERE Username = '0021709d3d47'           ORDER BY id'
> >radius_xlat:  'SELECT radgroupreply.id,radgroupreply.GroupName,radgroupreplyAttribute,radgroupreply.Value,radgroupreply.op
>  FROM radgroupreply,usergroup WHERE usergroup.Username = '0021709d3d47' AND
> usergroup.GroupName = radgroupreply.GroupName ORDER BY radgroupreply.id'
> >rlm_sql_mysql: MYSQL check_error: 1146 received
> >rlm_sql_getvpdata: database query error
>
> Hm, mysql error 1146 is - table does not exist. Do you have
> radgroupcheck, radgroupreply and usergroup tables in your radius
> database? Are the names correct? If you made them using script provided
> with the server this shouldn't happen.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP

I had table does not exist error.

At first, I installed the freeradius server using the yum repository and ran
the script to fill mysql with that.
Then, following the suggestions here, I upgraded the server but forgot to
re-run the scripts and ended up with missing tables. Maybe that's what
happened here following the suggestion to upgrade.

--
Philippe-Alexandre Lemelin