Authentication Digest

Varadharajan Seshadri varadas at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 15:57:30 CET 2009

Hi,
I would like to have my SIP clients authenticate with Active Directory (AD). I am using RADIUS in the middle to do the digest based authentication between by sip client and AD.

SIP Client ---> RADIUS Client ---> RADIUS Server (IAS of windows server) ----> Activer Directory is my setup.

I downloaded RADIUS Client version 1.1.6 (which is the latest i find in freeradius.org) to do the digest based Auth. Following is the AV pair i used to form my Request packet, as per RFC 4590/5090

PW_USER_NAME
PW_SERVICE_TYPE
PW_DIGEST_REALM
PW_DIGEST_METHOD
PW_DIGEST_ALGORITHM
PW_DIGEST_URI

RADIUS server (IAS of Windows) complains of malformed packets.

If any of you have used digest based authentication, using Freeradius client, i would like you to help me with this. Also, i am not sure how to add message autehnticator to this request message, which i understand is mandatory. Not sure if this is THE issue.

Thanks
Varad

Windows Live Messenger.  Multitasking at its finest.

Twice the fun—Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger.
http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx