autostart script for FreeRADIUS

John Hawkes-Reed John.Hawkes-Reed at futurenet.com
Mon Mar 30 16:30:03 CEST 2009

On 30/3/09 13:42, "Luciano Afranllie" <listas.luafran at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Tseveendorj <tseveendorj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Doug Hardie wrote:

[ ... ]

>>> There lies the problem.  It would appear that MySQL is not running when
>>> FreeRADIUS starts.  Check through the messages log to seen what the startup
>>> order is.  I suspect its backwards.
>
> Check your /etc/rcx.d where x is your default runlevel. mysql should
> have a lower S number than freeRadius.

That would be true for a Linux/SysV startup.

The rc script for FreeRadius under FreeBSD should contain the following
header:

#
# PROVIDE: radiusd
# REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS nmbd winbindd
# KEYWORD: shutdown
#
# Add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf to enable radiusd:
#
# radiusd_enable="YES"

There should be something similar for the MySQL startup. Take a note of the
entry in the MySQL PROVIDE: line and append that to the radiusd REQUIRE:
line.

That should ensure that the MySQL server is started before FreeRadius.

--
John Hawkes-Reed
Systems Administrator. Future Publishing. x 2526

--
Future Publishing Limited (registered company number 2008885) and Future Publishing (Overseas) Limited (registered company number 06202940) are wholly owned subsidiaries of Future plc (registered company number 3757874). Future Publishing Limited, Future Publishing (Overseas) Limited and Future plc are all incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered address at Beauford Court, 30 Monmouth Street, Bath BA1 2BW.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and then delete it immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails (including the content of them) and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such monitoring.

*****

Save resources: think before you print.