PEAP test fails using eapol_test

Bo Nygaard Bai bai at es.aau.dk
Tue Mar 31 11:25:09 CEST 2009

I have spend more than a week, trying every hint i could extract from
google. But I am still unable to get a working PEAP setup. Could someone
please point out my glaringly obvious mistake.

Versions:
freeradius built from 2.1.4 source (but it reports 2.1.5 on start!)
eapol_test from wpa_supplicant-0.6.9

I am trying to perform PEAP with MSCHAPV2.

eapol_test (wpa_supplicant-0.6.9) configuration:

network={
eap=PEAP
eapol_flags=0
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
identity="testuser"
password="password"
ca_cert="ca.pem"
phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
anonymous_identity="anonymous"
}

./eapol_test -c eapol_test.conf.peap -a130.225.51.102 -p1812
-stesting123 -r1

eapol_test.log <http://kom.aau.dk/%7Ebai/wpa/eapol_test.log>

radiusd -X

radiusd.log <http://kom.aau.dk/%7Ebai/wpa/radiusd.log>

Troubled spost seem to be:

[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
Authentication may fail because of this.
Do i have to create an entry in users for the anonymous user?

[peap] FAIL: Forcibly stopping session resumption as it is not allowed.
This seems to happen after successful mschapv2 trough the tunnel.

Any help will be appreciated!

/Bo Bai