Need help to identify source of problem

Doe Hoe doehoe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 15:04:25 CEST 2009

Hi.

I managed to get FreeRADIUS to work with PEAP and WPA2 authentication
using a Linksys WRT54GL wireless router.

The weird problem I'm now having is a follows:
If the client logging onto the Wi-Fi network tries to login with
incorrect credentials (incorrect user or pass) then he gets an
access-reject as expected.
However, any subsequent login requests from the same client machine
(even with correct credentials) seem to be ignored completely. Other
client machines CAN login however.
 Restarting FreeRADIUS or the wi-fi network interface card of the
client does not help at all. The only way I can get the client machine
to login again is by rebooting the wireless router.

Now when I say ignored completely, I mean having FreeRADIUS running in
debug mode (freeradius -X) shows absolutely nothing for any of failed
logins. The output just stays on "Ready to process requests". However,
logins from other client machines that have not been access-rejected
yet cause outptut on the freeradius debug.

So I am trying to identify the source of the problem. My question is,
are there any cases where freeradius will silently (without debug
output) reject login requests? If not, then I guess the problem lies
with the router itself. And if it is the router causing the problem,
can you please help me with what I should search for on message boards
and forums to fix the problem as I have limited experience with
RADIUS.

Kind Regards,
Doron