autostart script for FreeRADIUS

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Tue Mar 31 20:34:07 CEST 2009

On 31/3/09 02:46, "Tseveendorj" <tseveendorj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Thank you for trying to help me.
>
> It has but I didn't know this is exactly right. Something looks like
> following
>

> inside /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server
>
> # PROVIDE: mysql
> # REQUIRE: LOGIN
> # KEYWORD: shutdown
>

> inside /usr/local/etc/rc.d/radiusd
>
> # PROVIDE: radiusd
> # REQUIRE: NETWORKING SERVERS mysql
> # KEYWORD: shutdown
>
> In my opinion the MySQL starts after LOGIN process then radiusd is
> starting when the mysql started.
>
> But it doesn't.

I would wonder if MySQL is fully up and running by the time radius gets
to trying to login.  If MySQL is being launched before FreeRADIUS when
you boot, you might try putting a sleep into the radiusd startup script.
If you can watch the console during bootup, that would be an easy way to
determine which script is starting first, and perhaps, how much time is
passing between launches.

lambert at lambertfam.org