checking authorization in the duration of connection

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sun May 3 22:03:26 CEST 2009

> NAS sends accounting update packets in periodic times. I want
> freeradius use this updates and
> check my online users periodically and send Disconnect packet if
> user's traffic is above my
> limit.
> How can it do this?

You can write your own module or program that will check you limit and if
user is over call radclient and send PoD to your NAS. You are sure that
your NAS knows what to do with PoD?

> any document about config ?

No, because it's a very bad way of doing things.

There are far better (tried and tested) ways of enforcing limits using
counters/sqlcounters at login time. If you use them, your user will not be
able to go over the limit, as NAS will disconnect him (without any need
for external PoD) when the limit is reached. And you don't need interim
accounting packets.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP