Another "package" - set expiry at first use

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 20:14:43 CEST 2009

--- On Fri, 5/8/09, Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:

> From: Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net>
> Subject: Re: Another "package" - set expiry at first use
> Date: Friday, May 8, 2009, 1:05 PM
> > Upon successful authentication,
> check it is firstuse. If yes, set expiry
> > to say 6 months from now.
> >

> Use unlang in post-auth: check that there is no session for
> that user in
> radacct; if none, put adddate(now(),INTERVAL 6 MONTH) into
> Tmp-String-0;
> if you want to keep it in unlang (don't want to write a
> perl script) you
> need to convert that from mysql time (yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss)
> to Month dd
> yyyy HH:mm:ss using mysql time functions (+ concat()) and
> store it in
> Tmp-String-1; then insert Tmp-String-1 as Expiration value
> for that user
> in radcheck.

On second thought, maybe we could implement an alternate scheme
which is cheaper. At post-auth, check if a used_flag in the
database exists. If not, create one ***AND*** set expiry date.

We can't keep this in either radcheck or radreply ( can we ? ),
meaning we need another auxilliary table for users, say userinfo table.

Regards