checking authorization in the duration of connection

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Sat May 9 16:29:29 CEST 2009

> I mean if there is a windows vpn server as a NAS for radius server, could
> set the session limit at the start of the session (at authentication)
> and use methods explained in netexpertise article ?

No. Microsoft has no traffic limiting VSAs. And it doesn't support
CoA/PoD. In Windows speak CoA stands for Certificate of Authenticity
(that's where their priorities are - in licencing). It supports only time
limited sessions (Session-Timeout).

Mikrotik can do this. I think that they have also implemented CoA in the
latest RouterOS release.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP