Proposed release of 2.1.6

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Tue May 12 20:57:47 CEST 2009

On 12/5/09 19:49, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> /usr/local/tmp-src/freeradius-server-2.1.6/libtool --mode=link gcc
>> .libs/client.o .libs/conffile.o .libs/crypt.o .libs/exec.o .libs/files.o
>> /usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _lt__PROGRAM__LTX_preloaded_symbols
>
>    Libtool and libltld need to be taken out back and put out of my
> misery.  If it would be possible, their developers should be re-educated
> into something useful... like basket weaving.
>
>    There were reports on multiple systems of the same error.  Apparently
> doing "autoreconf" fixes those problems.  Which it did, for those systems.
>
>    And now it has broken other systems.
>
>    I'm inclined to look seriously at removing libltdl entirely, and
> therefore libtool.  They are disgusting arcane complex fragile, and
> picky as all get out.
>
>    I'm not sure what to do here... it works on my Mac, on the Ubuntu
> systems I have access to, and on Solaris.

You're on OSX 10.5 though aren't you. These are old PPC OSX 10.4 servers.

I'll have a go at building on arc and circumference (the new 10.5 RADIUS
servers) when they're online (hopefully some time this week).

I'm also having issues getting the 10.4 servers to link in the rlm_sql
module. So have to build it all statically *sigh*.

--
Arran Cudbard-Bell (A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk),
Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Officer,