Building rlm_sql_oracle

Maxim Denisov kbessmertniy at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:53:33 CEST 2009

Hi!

Has enybody successfully built freeradius 2.1.4 with instant client?
I have installed oracle instant client basic 10.2.0.4 + sqlplus + sdk for
linux x86_64, everything from rpm. I can successfully connect with
sqlplus64, paths are correct but when I execute configure in rlm_sql_oracle
I am getting

checking for oracle_init in -loracleclient... no
configure: WARNING: oracle libraries not found.  Use
--with-oracle-lib-dir=<path>.
I've unsuccessfully tried to specify correct paths in --with-oracle-lib-dir,
$CFLAGS and $LDFLAGS but can't find whare oracle_init() located. Can anybody
say where this function located? I have the folliwing rpms installed:

[root at truba rlm_sql_oracle]# rpm -qa | grep oracle
oracle-instantclient-sqlplus-10.2.0.4-1
oracle-instantclient-basic-10.2.0.4-1
oracle-logos-1.1.1-3
oracle-instantclient-odbc-10.2.0.4-1