radius help

jon jon free9360 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:10:17 CEST 2009

I have am using slackware 12.1 and installed freeradius version 2.1.5. I
have read the Install and the Readme me file.  I am trying the radtest
program out and I start the radius server in debugging mode in one virtual
screen and do a "radtest test test localhost 0 testing123" from another
virtual screen, I get a access reject of my packets. So the good thing is
that my radius server is receiving the packets. Now I move on to see if I
create a user called bob in the users file. I put this at the top of the
file:
 bob     Cleartext-Password := "hello" and run radtest again using "radtest
bob hello localhost 0 testing123" and still get access reject message. So I
know that my server is up and running, but the user is being rejected
because of the password not matching, right?