Need sanity check: steps to setting up certificate enrollment for dot1x/PEAP/Active Directory

john lists.john at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:34:28 CEST 2009

Hi Ivan,

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:
>> Is there anyway to automate this procedure in our LAN environment
>> other than scenario #2 below?
>>

> Yes. I have posted this to the list a few days ago. With 2K3 Enterprise
> certificates are requested, created (even renewed) and distributed via the
> Policy:

Thanks  for the link. However my question was: is there a way to do
auto-enrollment without using Win2k3 Enterprise Server? We would be
willing to purchase W2K3E if the consensus from folks on the list was
that it was a huge time saver.  I wanted to see if there was an
alternative before I asked my boss to purchase an upgrade license.

If I am missing the point please let me know.  I read the article but
it seemed to demand the Enterprise edition.

Thanks again!

john