Accounting into MySQL

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Thu May 14 23:21:48 CEST 2009

> I have some basic questions to better understand accounting into SQL.
>
> 1. Using NTRadPING, should I get entries in my radacct table?

No. Those are authentication, not accounting requests.

> 2. I have uncommented the sql_log, and all the detail log sections,
> and in the accounting section, and uncommented the sql in the
> accounting section. What other changed are required assuming that I am
> already successfully authenticating from the radcheck table?

You don't need all that. Just sql in accounting. Detail writes to files.

> 3. Is there a more detailed how-to on the internet (I guess my
> google-foo is not as good as others) specifically on accounting in
> mysql?

Configure sql connection details in sql.conf. Uncomment sql in accounting
section of the default virtual server. That's it.

> 3.b) ... sepecifically on MAC authentication?

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac-Auth

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP