Help Regarding Freeradius Server Inactivity and client access

pushpraj nimbalkar pushpraj4u at gmail.com
Fri May 15 08:56:56 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net> wrote:
>>    I have working  Freeradius(freeradius-2.1.3-1.fc10.i386) server
>> with Mysql and chillispot. I just want to know what should happen when
>> user is authenticated and after few time freeradius server stops
>> working(due to any reason). In my case user stays on-line even though
>> freeradius server is not working.
>
> Yes. That's how are things suposed to be.
>
>> For e.g. user A connects to my
>> network radius server authenticates to user and after authentication
>> say after 5 minutes radius server stopped working but user A still
>> accessing internet as long as possible. I think if server stops
>> working client should be disconnected.
>
> No. You should have a secondary (backup) radius server.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
Thank You Sir For Reply,
   I think back radius server will solve my problem. Actually what i
thought when we use ideal time out option access point disconnects
inactive clients after given ideal time out value so in same way
access point should disconnect clients/users when it (access point)
fails to send packages(like accounting packages) to radius server.
By the way thanks for suggestion.

Regards,
Pushpraj