CoovaChilli - 'acctupdate'

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 10:38:36 CEST 2009

--- On Fri, 5/15/09, Johan Meiring <jmeiring at pcservices.co.za> wrote:

> Update using the Accounting Reply.
>
> All my business logic is inside a perl script using
> rpm_perl.
> (It's basically the only freeradius module I invoke).

Which means for every accounting request, radius server
will invoke rpm_perl module ? Because freeradius is
so flexible, I am wondering which is the optimal method,
and here are some of the possibilities :-

1. Just invoke a perl module, and reply ( like what you did ).
2. Do database checking in radiusd via %{sql:....}, and do
   reply inside radiusd.
3. The database checking converted into a database store
   procedure and then do rely inside radiusd.

:)