Wimax + Freeradius

Maxim Vinnichenko maxim at babilon-t.tj
Mon May 18 10:44:17 CEST 2009

Hello Freeradius-users,

  We are trying to implement AAA service for WIMAX project and have
  some problems.

  Freeradius ver 2.1.3 is installed on Gentoo. The schema is this

  CPE >> WASN9770 GW >> RADIUS

  At the moment problem is the following

[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for 123 at wimax.tj with NT-Password
[mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
[mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

The test user is listed in users. But as far as I understood radius
is not using users to authenticate anyone.

Please help.

Full debug is here

http://217.11.185.178:8080/eap.log

Maxim Vinnichenko.