question about windows users

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 19 10:20:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

> which Linux distribution should I use? So far I tryied debian-etchnhalf, or
> CentOS, and in every How to its written that I have to compile it by mysefl.
> This how to didnt work anyway... so I will try what you will suggest.
> Bartosz.

theres nothing wrong with compiling it yourself - so long as you have the
right dev libraries installed so all the bits you want get compiled..

you can check whats not going to be built be parsing the configure output

eg

./configure --with-options-you-want  | grep WARNING

ignore the WARNING entries for things you care not about and
fix the WARNING that you need (eap PEAP) by installing the
needed libraries....eg  openssl-devel

some distros come with a more recent FreeRADIUS (or have RPM / PKG
available for them - eg Fedora Core 11)

the default config from the source build is pretty much ready for
anything you want after just editing a few lines in the config
(so long as the supporting code - eg EAP ) has been compiled

alan