Freeradius 2.1.1 and SQLite database

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue May 19 14:00:45 CEST 2009

Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> Has anyone done any work with FreeRadius 2.1.1 or higher and SQLite as
> the backend db.

  Nope.

> Would love to have it working with sqlite as that is the smallest DB
> footprint of all the supported databases for Free Radius.

  Write the code... submit it back.

> Has anyone done work with the sqlite db and give me some pointers on
> the database setup for sqlite, looks like I need to create a file
> called "sqlite_radius_client_database" but not sure what the structure
> should be... And google isn't helping much either.

  Apple uses it for their OS X Server system.  The clients go into
SQLite, so that their administration system doesn't have to deal with
MySQL, PostgreSQL, or flat-text files.

  The schema is just the normal NAS schema, as with the other SQL drivers.

  To have it use the "radcheck", "radreply", etc. tables, you'll have to
 define the schemas, create the DB, and define the queries.  It *should*
work, so long as you use the hard-coded DB file name.