Freeradius 2.1.1 and SQLite database

Peter Lambrechtsen plambrechtsen at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:42:29 CEST 2009

On 20/05/2009, at 12:00 AM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
>> Has anyone done any work with FreeRadius 2.1.1 or higher and SQLite
>> as
>> the backend db.
>
>  Nope.
>
>> Would love to have it working with sqlite as that is the smallest DB
>> footprint of all the supported databases for Free Radius.
>
>  Write the code... submit it back.

Will do

>> Has anyone done work with the sqlite db and give me some pointers on
>> the database setup for sqlite, looks like I need to create a file
>> called "sqlite_radius_client_database" but not sure what the
>> structure
>> should be... And google isn't helping much either.
>
>  Apple uses it for their OS X Server system.  The clients go into
> SQLite, so that their administration system doesn't have to deal with
> MySQL, PostgreSQL, or flat-text files.
>
>  The schema is just the normal NAS schema, as with the other SQL
> drivers.
>
>  To have it use the "radcheck", "radreply", etc. tables, you'll have
> define the schemas, create the DB, and define the queries.  It
> *should*
> work, so long as you use the hard-coded DB file name.

Ok I will have a go and submit my results back to the users/devel
lists depending upon how I get along.

The final destination is a single wifi router such as asus 500p which
has a usb port that can take stick for local storage to host db with
captive portal and wpa for either PEAP or tls logon ssids with web
admin backend. All with openwrt.

Will let you know how I get along with the freeradius component.