question about windows users

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 20 09:30:23 CEST 2009

Bartosz Chodzinski wrote:
> "make the basic changes to your eap.conf and client.conf it will work"
> it wont.

  You can believe that, which means that everyone else is lying.  They
just download the software, follow the guides, and it "just works".
But... because it doesn't work for you, they must be lying.

  Or, maybe you didn't follow the guides.

> are all of you had so many troubles with radius or only me has so bad luck

  Many people have problems.  Those problems are almost always caused by
doing *too much*, without understanding what they're doing.

> my realm example.com was:

  And here we have a problem.  The EAP guides do NOT say to add realms.
 Why are you doing this?

  Follow the guides.  Do nothing MORE than what the guides say.

  If you do NOT follow the guides, then do NOT complain that they don't
work.

> when I changed in proxy.conf it to
>
> realm example.com {
> }
>
> radius wont start
>  realm example.com  {
>  }

  So it IS loading the "example.com" realm.

>  realm LOCAL {
>  }
>  realm NULL {
>  }
> /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf[498]: home_server "localhost" does not exist

  Is it really that difficult to read the debugging output?

  1) It loads the realm "example.com" just fine.  No problems.

  2) Line 498 of /etc/freeradius/proxy.conf refers to a home server
     that doesn't exist.  This error has *NOTHING* to do with the
     realm example.com

  The issue here is that you are NOT following the guides, and you are
NOT reading the debugging output.