No subject

Mauro Iorio - Smart Soft s.r.l. m.iorio at smartsoft.it
Wed May 20 13:27:21 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've a strange problem with sql counter on freeradius both 1.1.7 and 2.1.5
versions.

Actually executing

SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE UserName='mauro'

from SQL Server Management Studio gives me 294841 (Yes, that's a lot of
seconds, is a test user)

while the output of radiusd -X (ver 2.1.5) is:

------------------------------------

rlm_sqlcounter: Entering module authorize code

sqlcounter_expand:  'SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE
UserName='%{

User-Name}''

[sessioncounter]        expand: SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct
WHERE U

serName='%{User-Name}' -> SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE
UserNam

e='mauro'

sqlcounter_expand:  '%{sql:SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE
UserNa

me='mauro'}'

[sessioncounter] sql_xlat

[sessioncounter]        expand: %{User-Name} -> mauro

[sessioncounter] sql_set_user escaped user --> 'mauro'

[sessioncounter]        expand: SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct
WHERE U

serName='mauro' -> SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE
UserName='maur

o'

[sessioncounter]        expand: /usr/var/log/radius/sqltrace.sql ->
/usr/var/log

/radius/sqltrace.sql

rlm_sql (sql): Reserving sql socket id: 3

query:  SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM radacct WHERE UserName='mauro'

[sessioncounter] sql_xlat finished

rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 3

[sessioncounter]        expand: %{sql:SELECT SUM(AcctSessionTime) FROM
radacct W

HERE UserName='mauro'} -> 2948

rlm_sqlcounter: Check item is greater than query result

rlm_sqlcounter: Authorized user mauro, check_item=3600, counter=2948

rlm_sqlcounter: Sent Reply-Item for user mauro, Type=Session-Timeout,
value=652

++[sessioncounter] returns ok

That's' totally wrong since 294841 is much bigger than 3600 and not
smaller... And this happens with users from different groups and with
different SUM(AcctSessionTime). *Every* time SUM(AcctSessionTime) is bigger
than 9999 it looses the fifth digit of the response, better it looses every
digits after the fourth!!!

What's wrong??? I'd appreciate any help or ideas.

This happens on two different Slackware 12.1 and 12.2 machines both with
freeradius 1.1.7 and a Slackware 12.2 with freeradius 2.1.5

Mauro Iorio.