current RHEL/CentOS pre-built packages (Was: freeRADIUS)

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 20 16:46:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Sure, and that's fine for you, an expert ;-) This user list is proof
> positive a large proportion of users can't even read the config
> documentation, I can only imagine the confusion which would ensue if
> there were two config directories and sets of modules.

well, its possible....however there are 2 main issues.

1 - migration from v1 to v2 - which has to be undertaken at some point
anyway. i did ponder about a semantic config parser to upgrade..but then
having seen many peoples configs that isnt going to work. suggest
a script that reads the config and points them to relevant modules???

2 - only one RADIUS server can listen to UDP 1812/1813/1814  - therefore
which one is it to be, radiusd v1 or radiusd v2? i think this is the show stopper
anyway.

alan