Create Database/Tables -PostgreSQL

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun May 24 08:20:00 CEST 2009

Just E. Mail wrote:
> I have gone through all 2,000+ pages of the manual you mentioned.
> Somehow I missed answer to my question. Will you be kind enough to let
> me know the chapter where it discusses creating data using a text file?

  Google: postgresql command-line client

http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/c4890.htm

  Read it.  The answer you need is there.

  The schema file can be used as an input file to the client.  It's like
a shell for SQL.  And with a shell... you can read commands from a file.
 All of the SQL databases have this capability.  And with FreeRADIUS,
radclient has a similar capability, as does radmin.

  If you got as far as being able to type in the queries by hand, you
*must* have been using the postgres command-line tool.  In which case...
you could even pipe the schema file into the CLI, *just like* you had
typed it in.

  This is really Unix 101: moving text between files and programs.