Accounting responce question.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 28 10:56:38 CEST 2009

lamersons wrote:
> Im using FreeRADIUS Version 2.0.4(slackware+postgre) on powerfull x86 server
> with alot of RAM, connected with gigabit to NAS. Load is about
> 5-15record/sec

  That machine is overkill, but it should work.

> Once in a while we get double accounting records. I started to take traces
> at NAS side and saw that sometimes AAA doesnt responce to accounting record,

  Are you sure that the AAA is *sending* responses?  Maybe the packets
are being lost elsewhere in the network.

> NAS thinks that AAA didnt get it and sends it one more time. But AAA gets
> the first one even if it doesnt responce to request, therefore we get double
> record.(debug info is below)

  Duplicate accounting records are *always* possible, even if everything
is working perfectly.  Your solution needs to be able to handle these.

> I have made debug trace at AAA side. Is it somehow possible to see from that
> trace that AAA did respond  and that is NASes(or network) problem that it
> did not recieve responce ?(debug info is below)

  Hmm... the debug output does *not* show the server sending a response.
 That's odd.  When using "radiusd -X", it *should* print out something
like "sending response ..."