Lost-Carrier on WiFi

Cory Hill jeepordie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 22:26:05 CET 2009

Hello again,

I was wondering if someone knows of a remedy for our customers being dropped
after 10-15 minutes, for what appears to be an inactivity/idle-timeout, but
shows up in our rad accounting as lost-carrier.  If a user stays active,
they are not dropped, but if they stop to read a website or walk away for
10-15 minutes, they are dropped.

We are not employing the idle-timeout attrib, so I am not sure what is going
on.  Is this something the radius server is doing, or would the command be
coming from our WiFi controller?

Thanks in advance for your help!