Differencent assigments in users files

verhoem marcelzwemt at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:12:42 CET 2009

Hello,

I'am a newbee in freeradius but after reading o'reilly's Radius book for
dummies i still can't figure out what the difference is between := == and =
in the usersfile.
steve Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == " Testing" etc.
I also see notations like Jonathan Password = Unix-PW.
In the end my config seems to work but I'm wondering if i'm missing out on
something important.

Explanation or an url would be very appreciated !

Greetings Marcel