Differencent assigments in users files

Ivan Kalik tnt at kalik.net
Wed Nov 4 11:36:09 CET 2009

>> http://freeradius.org/radiusd/man/users.html
>
> Well, unfornately there is an example:
>
> bob User-Password == "hello"
>
> which is bad.

That's out of date. man 5 users on the radius server will be up-to-date
(ie documentation is included with the server).

http://wiki.freeradius.org/Operators

>> in the usersfile.
>>
>> steve Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == " Testing" etc.
>>
>> I also see notations like Jonathan Password = Unix-PW.
>> In the end my config seems to work but I'm wondering if i'm missing
>> out on
>> something important.

O'Reilly's book is also out of date. Updated documentation is available
with server source. Look through that info first.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP