regex 'fun'

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Nov 4 23:05:17 CET 2009

Hi,

> So, 'eduroam-ca.der' can be a *group* of Root CA's I hope and there is a

with a decent system you can just point the CA part to a directory
or listing of CAs for it to check. simple extensions can prove 'club'
membership for whatever purpose/resource you are happy with

> Kinda my point is there is no reason why the bar could not be lowered
> further.  The DNS idea was a hair brained idea of mine and I think it is
> crazy enough to work...plus it is using the *existing* infrastructure;

i dont think you can claim credit - many of us have had similar ideas
and some even went to write things up:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-01.txt

> Bah, to hell with you all ;)

at maximum cruising speed please! >:-I