regex 'fun'

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 5 14:57:05 CET 2009

Alexander Clouter wrote:
> What I was touting privately to Alan involved maintaining a zone file,
> akin to what you promoted in you dyndiscovery draft[1] but for for a
> custom 'root' server list.

  If Stefan is talking about a repository with certs && CRL's, adding
routing information wouldn't be that hard.  i.e. "upstream for foo.edu
is bar.com".  That addresses a lot of the multi-hop issues that DNS just
can't solve.

  It would *also* solve the i18n problem of non-ascii TLDs.  Just put
the realm && DNS "punycode" version into the same repository.