Upgrade From 1 to 2 - problem with authorize

Robert White rwhite at globalgossip.net
Fri Nov 6 00:38:19 CET 2009

What's the difference?

Tbh, I don't even understand the what group queries are.  Documentation
seems to be kind of lacking.  Not your fault I know, but I don't want you to
think I haven't tried finding this out for myself!

I've attached my sql.conf and dialup.conf files.

Thanks,

Rob

2009/11/5 Ivan Kalik <tnt at kalik.net>

> > I altered my SQL to ClearText-Password with the ":=" operator and I now
> > get
> > authenticated.  Thanks guys - the warning message was clear about what it
> > was referring to but I wasn't clear on what config i needed to change -
> > whether it was with mssql or pap.
> >
> > Anyway, I still have the problem that I'm not having attributes returned.
> >  It's because my two stored procedures are not being run.
> >
> > I have groupcheck_sp and groupreply_sp which used to get executed in my
> > old
> > 1.1.x setup in the authorize section but now that doesn't seem to happen.
> >
> > I checked sql.conf and read_groups = yes.
> >
> > Is there some change in 2.x i should be aware of?
>
> Yes. You can't use 1.x group queries with 2.x. You need group_membership
> query in order to look up radgroupcheck and radgroupreply.
>
> Ivan Kalik
> Kalik Informatika ISP
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Rob White
Assistant IT Manager
Core Infrastructure & System Development
Global Gossip Group
Address: 14 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney NSW 2010
Telephone: +61 292 630 460
Fax: +61 292 630 404
Mobile: +61 410 700 733
Email: rwhite at globalgossip.net