FreeRadius with 3COM

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Nov 7 14:00:31 CET 2009

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Oh, the documentation does contain instructions for how to configure the
> switch.  But in vendor language "configure the switch" means using the
> CLI or web GUI.  Interpretation of standard RADIUS attributes, or any
> other protocol for that sake, is not considered part of the configuration.
> So you will know how to configure the switch, but you just don't know
> how to configure the other end.  From the switch vendor's point of view,
> that is part of the RADIUS server documentation.

  If administrator logins can be controlled via RADIUS, that is
generally documented, in my experience.  This includes instructions on
what attributes to send in a RADIUS packet.  Sometimes, it even includes
sample FreeRADIUS configurations.

  If the vendor can't do that, I don't see why anyone should pay a few
thousand for their product.