Can't compile FreeRADIUS with pam module

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 22:50:20 CET 2009

On 11/09/2009 03:54 PM, Chico Sokol wrote:
> Any ideas here?
>
> Somebody have ever built FreeRADIUS with pam module?
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Chico Sokol<chico.sokol at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Did you install these *after* running configure? If so you'll have to run configure again so it can find them>and set the right compiler flags.
>>
>> No I've ran configure after installing pam package.

>>>   <shrug>    Then the PAM module and header files are no longer
>>> compatible.  I don't use PAM, so I'm not really sure what the underlying
>>> issue is.
>>>
>>>   Alan DeKok.

Beats me, it works perfectly here for the Red Hat packages. On our
systems (e.g. Fedora, RHEL, CentOS) you need to have the pam-devel
package installed. In the output of your configure step you should see
something like this:

=== configuring in src/modules/rlm_pam
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking for pam_start in -lpam... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking security/pam_appl.h usability... yes
checking security/pam_appl.h presence... yes
checking for security/pam_appl.h... yes
checking pam/pam_appl.h usability... no
checking pam/pam_appl.h presence... no
checking for pam/pam_appl.h... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h

Notice how the configure script in rlm_pam checks for the header file in
both /usr/include/security and /usr/include/pam

You said your files were installed in /usr/include/pam if I recall
correctly. Is that what your configure output shows?

If they are and you're getting type errors from the compiler then you've
got bad pam header files.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?