FreeRADIUS + Postgresql dies unexpectedly

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 18:11:50 CET 2009

On 11/12/2009 11:38 AM, Duarte Fonseca wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> So the problem seems to still be present, this is how I'm testing,
> please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
>
> I got the redhat SRPM from
>
> http://people.redhat.com/jdennis/freeradius-rhel-centos/src/freeradius2-2.1.7-2.el5.src.rpm
>
> Applied the change to the source file and built the binary rpm,
> installed it and re run my test several times, and it kept failing.

Let's be clear concerning the statement "Applied the change to the
source file". You must add the patch to the spec file and then build the
binary rpm, you can't just patch a source file. That's because rpmbuild
unpacks the tar file, applies *only* the patches listed in the spec
file, and then builds the result. If you don't modify the spec file to
add the patch then the patch will never get applied.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/