FreeRADIUS + Postgresql dies unexpectedly

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Nov 13 22:26:36 CET 2009

Duarte Fonseca <fonseca.duarte at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/12 Alexander Clouter <alex at digriz.org.uk>:
>
>> You should also compile the whole thing with optimisations turned off
>> and debugging symbols in there; you are not doing the former so it might
>> make it more difficult to work out what is wrong:
>> ----
>> CFLAGS='-O0 -g' ./configure
>> ----
>
> Here is the gdb output and valgrind with these flags set.
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/797051/radiusd/gdb-radiusd-2.log
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/797051/radiusd/valgrind-radiusd-2.log

This is a different implosion this time round to your last one.  Looks
like Alan's SQL patch simply postponed the SIGSEGV to a different part
of the code.  Not sure what should be done, but it looks like errorcode
also needs to be changed (probably set to NULL explicitly or something).
Alternatively it might be that the error code table in sql_postgresql.h
needs updating?  No real idea here, Alan?

I only was able to trigger this bug once, and that was during a
spanning-tree going crazy (scheduled test of a reboot of one of our core
routers) when FreeRADIUS would have been unable to talk to the SQL
server.

Although FreeRADIUS should not be dying, it does make me wonder why you
can reproduce this problem so regularly :)

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Feminists just want the human race to be a tie.