realm --help

Yagnesh Dave yagnesh.dave at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 17 06:25:19 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a realm as "vsnl.net" given to all the users (approx 2800 users), with different passwords. I have defined it in the "proxy.conf" as

realm vsnl.net {
	type		= radius
	authhost	= local
	accthost	= local
	       }
So, is this correct, as i am not defining any secret above because it is different to all the users, and the radius server itself will reply to the authentication request.

Also is there a way by which I can migrate from Merit Radius to Freeradius seamlessly, as cuurently what I am doing is I have a perl script to convert the users file of Merit Radius to the syntax that Free Radius has and then use it.

Thanks and Regards,
Dave.