MySql on Freeradius

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:12:11 CET 2009

Hello everyone!

I have succeeded in most what i want to accomplice but stupid me forgot that I would also want to be able to administrate the users through a GUI instead of jump into the users.conf file everytime i need to add a new user.

Since I want OpenSSL support i need to make my own build which Ubuntu´s own Freeradius release in Synaptic does not seem to have support for.

I have tried to find information on the net about how to make a build of Freeradius that works together with MySql.

The guides I have read is all about installing with the help of synaptic package manager in ubuntu 9.04 and install freeradius-mysql. A question I have is if that module comes with the build I make when im downloading from Freeradius site? If not do I need it to be able to get mysql work together with freeradius and if I do need it, how can I do a separate installation of it? Or can I use the one I find in Ubuntu´s Synaptic Package Manager?

Lots of questions I know, hope you can find the time to answer them.

Best regards/ Peter