Update of "No NAS-PORT seen"

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:53:42 CET 2009

Hello again!

I have an update of the problem.

I also got an error which I´ve had before, then Ivan Kalik I think told me that i need to enable copy_request_to_tunnel = yes. Well I have that enabled so I can authenticate by peap. But now I get the same error when I try to authenticate the user which has been created in the MySQL database. The error I get is: (only mentioning the mschapv2 & mschap response from the output)

"[mschapv2] +- entering group MS-CHAP {...}

[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured. Cannot create LM-Password.

[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured. Cannot create NT-Password.

[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for test-user with NT-Password

[mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password. Cannot perform authentication.

[mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect

++[mschap] returns reject

Also as a side note, the user in the database has a Cleartext-Password := test-pass.

I read on the wiki that I should use ":=" and not "==" to do the check of the password.

Also I have not set a AUTH-TYPE, i let the server figure it out on its own.

Best regards/ Peter