ntlm_auth and AD authentication

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Mon Nov 23 20:39:07 CET 2009

I'm sorta struggling with the same thing, a la a single "NAS" (Cisco
switch) requiring multiple auth types: 1,) VTY / enable access from
NetEng group (in AD), 2.) 8021.x auth for everyone!  Similar with VPN
appliance, VTY's AND IPSec auths.  The request type will differ for each
type of requests, so it's "simply" a matter of uniquely identifying each
type of request and performing the conditional processing.  Easy right?
:)

I shared some emails with Ivan on this issue and got close, but then got
involved in other things so never got fully resolved.  Seems there are
several ways to do it, but I THINK the common thread is to use unlang
and / or hints to set the auth_type as required and/or direct the
requests to a virtual server that does what you need.

If / when I get this worked out I intend to publish a "How To", but if
you beat me to it please share!  I've spent MANY MANY hours on it thus
far and now I've forgotten much of it!

Gary