Combine Proxy Answer with Local Information

tnt at kalik.net tnt at kalik.net
Mon Nov 23 23:06:59 CET 2009

> I have tried this with and without the
>
> Output looks like:
>

> WARNING: Unknown module "sql" in string expansion "%{sql: SELECT
> Attribute from radreply where Username ='burst.net' and
> Attribute='Tunnel-Password'}"

You haven't configured (or included in radiusd.conf) sql.conf.

> /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[562]: "SQL" modules aren't allowed in
> 'post-proxy' sections -- they have no such method.

OK, are you using sql for authorization of local users? If not, alter
authorize_reply query in raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf and list
sql.authorize in post-proxy section.

> If anyone has any thoughts on this or whether I can obtain the same
> information another way that would be much appreciated. I will be having
> potentially hundreds of different relams going through this freeradius
> instance and I need to add this information for each one

Well, you can run sql queries from perl module (that one has post-proxy
function) but that is much more expensive than running sql.authorize. sql
module has persistant threads to sql server, while perl would need to
establish a new connection each time.

Ivan Kalik