Stripping Realms from SQL Accounting Queries

Tim Gustafson tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 23 23:27:59 CET 2009

> ...erm, '%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}', I think what
> you have there is some really old depreated or bad syntax'ed
> version.  Same in your SQL queries too strangely.  You will want
> to make sure you use 'SQL-User-Name' instead too, and not
> directly 'User-Name' (think SQL injection).

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried using SQL-User-Name in the past, and it was always blank - an empty string.

I tried using '%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}' as you've suggested, but to no avail - it was still using the un-stripped user name.

I've actually just changed the queries to use %{User-Name} for now to quell the warnings in the debug log about depreciated syntax.  However this has not fixed my problem.  :(

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg at soe.ucsc.edu