The MySQL databases for Freeradius

Peter Carlstedt pc_007 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:32:51 CET 2009

Hello everyone!

I am sitting here trying to figure out how FreeRadius works towards MySQL.

It is quite hard for me to try to explain what I want to do since Im not good with MySQL but I will try anyway and hope someone will understand what I mean. =)

The database "radcheck" is for a singeluser if I have understood it correctly.

What I want to do is that through MS Access make a form where I can add several attributes to the same row in the table.

But since radcheck only seem to work with one attribute per row for one user I dont really know how to do.

What I mean is that if I have a user called "test-user" and want to have two attributes for that user, in this case "Cleartext-Password" & "NAS-Port-Id" I need to have two rows for that user.

The table looks like this in Access(when i want to use two or more attributes):

radcheck:

|id|username   |attribute              |op |value             |

|1 |user-test   |Cleartext-Password|== |test-pass       |

|2 |user-test   |NAS-Port-Id          |== |raket             |

The reason I want to make a form is because I want others than me being able to add new users and have them connected to the correct group which then will have a separate VLAN and SSID.

So then I thought that if i use the table called "radusergroup" and link the user to a specific group it should work in a way that all members of this group may only connect to the network if they try to connect to the correct SSID. It seems that did not work either. I am at a loss here and dont really know what I should do. Sorry if my explaination is bad but it is quite hard for me to explain.

Best regards/ Peter Carlstedt