Exec and ntlm_auth

freeradius at corwyn.net freeradius at corwyn.net
Thu Nov 26 00:36:55 CET 2009

At 06:15 PM 11/25/2009, you wrote:
>There are dozens of them there. Just save what is quoted in the
>guide (with adjusted text) as a file into raddb/modules directory.

Yeah, and in tinkering with module files I clearly haven't had success.

so you're saying create a (adjusted for my environment) file in ../modules:
rick_ntlm {
ntlm_auth = "/path/to/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key
--username=%{mschap:User-Name:-None}
--domain=%{mschap:NT-Domain:-MYDOMAIN}
--challenge=%{mschap:Challenge:-00} --nt-response=%{mschap:NT-Response:-00}"

}

and it should work?  In part I ask because the examples for
radiusd.conf and mschap.conf are different.

I suspect I also have to put the reference to that new file
(ntlm_rick in this case) into inner-tunnel as well? And in the
virtual server config? In both the authorize{} and authenticate {} sections?

Rick