:= Condition deprecated

Casartello, Thomas tcasartello at wsc.ma.edu
Sun Nov 29 05:18:50 CET 2009

I've been getting the message about the := condition being deprecated soon.
I was wondering if there's going to be another alternative way to accomplish
the following:

In my users file I have this:

DEFAULT Airespace-Wlan-Id == 3, Auth-Type := ldap

DEFAULT

Essentially what this accomplishes is that if that attribute is 3, then
they're trying to authenticate through one of our ssids which has web
authentication. When it's web authentication it comes through as PAP, and I
have this line to tell it to use LDAP authentication. The clients on the
other SSID (Which would have the number 4) authenticate via 802.1x so those
will come through as PEAP-MSCHAPv2.  I just want to know an alternative way
I can accomplish this once the ":=" conditional goes away.

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.

Staff Assistant - Wireless/Linux Administrator

Information Technology

Wilson 105A

Westfield State College

(413) 572-8245