Making certs for Windows users

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 17:23:03 CET 2009

On 11/30/2009 10:02 AM, Peter Carlstedt wrote:
>  > This is Unix 101. You need to be "root" to edit the files in that
>  > directory.
> Yes I understand that I need root permissions to edit files in that
> directory BUT is there anyway to get those permission without having to
> login with the root account? There are reasons of why you should use
> "sudo"in the terminal as a normal user instead of logging in as the root
> user. So what i mean is if there are some kind of command which gives me
> the same permissions as the root user in the terminal, was thinking
> about that since you can use the command "gksudo nautilus" to browse
> through directories which has root permission only. Is there any command
> which can give me the same permissions in the terminal?

In a terminal you can become root via "su". Or you can run individual
commands with root privileges with "sudo" but you must be in the
/etc/sudoers file which you must edit with sudoedit.

Now that you've got that question answered please do not ask any more
basic Unix questions on this list. This list is for the discussion of
FreeRADIUS use and configuration, it is not the appropriate forum to
learn Unix and Linux skills, there are other more appropriate places for
those questions.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?