rlm

José Johnny RANDRIAMAMPIONONA vasiana09 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:46:58 CEST 2009

Hi Mihamina,
It ll take a few days to me to finish the tuto(my training report with it)
but if u want I can email it in your Inbox. Anyway, I had two big problems:
- I worked on a "given" server and the running  distribution is not really
my favorite  one. I thought that the server was up to date , I was
wrong...And there are many others problems on it ...like unterminated
process ..
- I installed Freeradius using the .Tar.gz source - 'cause there was already
a freeradius running and I was not authorized to remove it(clean)
- The ldap server was been already ready before I came and I didn't have any
authorization to write or read on it(so I had to use illegal things to
understand what was going on in my network)

I followed the following steps to solve the problems(generally):
- I remove smartly all redundancy things in my system (like freeradius,
postg, dialupadmin, etcc )
- I killed all running process  or ended it which are in relation with
freeradius or something
- I reinstall freeradius using the faq
- I reinstall all freeradius2-blabla things ...twice.
- I checked all modules, and the missing lbildap file : All correct!
- I configure /module/ldap, site-enabled/default and commented all useless
things like ms-chap (for the test) after debugging the server and doing the
test with the user-file
----> all correct now!
I am configuring the postgres server for accounting right now(it doesn't
work !! )

Best regards

2009/9/30 Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina at gulfsat.mg>

> 09/30/2009 03:35 AM, José Johnny RANDRIAMAMPIONONA:
>
>> I solved the problem.
>> I think It ll better to put it in a tutorial or something(I ll do it)!
>>

> Please, yes.
> I inted to switch AUTH to LDAP and keep PGSQL for ACCT, your feedback
> is important to me.
>
> --
>      Architecte Informatique chez Blueline/Gulfsat:
>   Administration Systeme, Recherche & Developpement
>                                   +261 34 29 155 34

JJohnny RANDRIAMAMPIONONA
Phone: +212663682554, +212533158575
National School of Applied Sciences